Clifton Homes for Sale

The Town of Clifton

 Clifton has a pre-colonial history as an Indian hunting ground.  The area was called Devereux Station after the railroad siding constructed during the Civil War.  A nearby neighborhood still bears this name on the outskirts of Clifton.  In 1868 it was renamed Clifton Station.  In 1869 the Post Office came and then businesses and schools forming the frame work for the housing we see today.  By 1902 Clifton Station was established as a town.

Many people come to Clifton to purchase their Fairfax County home in part because of the lower density of housing coupled with its close proximity to DC.  This is due to legislation that was enacted in the 1970’s and 80’s that limited building to 1 per 5 acres.  Today, areas to the south and east are heavily forested, with single-family homes, while the areas to the north became equestrian areas.

In 2000, the first antique car show was held in Clifton sponsored by Northern Virginia Custom Cruisers and Clifton Lions clubs to raise money for local charities.  It has grown every year and continues to be a huge success.

Harrington Homes VA is the best site to find homes for sale in
Clifton.

The number of Homes changes daily, so be sure to keep coming back right here, The Best Site for Clifton homes for sale.

An error has occurred:

[0] Remote request resulted in a [403 Forbidden] response. More Info